****STRICTLY MEMBERS ONLY*****
Skirt Club Retro Pin-Up
Saturday April 28th
The ‘Pin-Up’ was not sex symbolism but a bold feminist act.
Wartime in the 1940’s and through the 50’s was the peak of pin up artwork. The American pin-up gave soldiers during the war something to hope for. A brilliant idea that Betty Grable and Rita Hayworth, the two most renowned pin up girls, paved way for.
Grable was a celebrated sex symbol, her bathing suit poster made her the number-one pin-up girl of World War II, her legs were famously insured for $1 million. The Pin-up furthered a revolutionary change all women now enjoy; freedom of expression.
Ladies, we invite you to express yourselves as our very own ‘Pin-Up’.
TALK: Self defense isn’t just about fighting back, it’s about finding and defining one’s boundaries, Susie Kahlich will be telling us all about trusting yourself, bringing your power into the open and never having to hide who you are. She is a renowned a writer, storyteller, art lover and creator of Pretty Deadly Self Defense, a self-empowerment course designed by women for women based on the Japanese martial art that incorporates practice of the female warriors – the most beautiful and most deadly assassins. Join us on this night where Susie tells us about moving through the world with power and grace…
TEASE: Anja Pavlova, a classic burlesque performer, costume designer and teacher from Moscow, Russia, now enticing the city of Berlin. In her peformances she combines authentic Jazz dance, classic burlesque and spectacular early 20th century inspired costumes. Let her dazzle you on this very spring night…
LOCATION: To be revealed.
TIME: The night starts at 9pm, do join the night by 10pm in order to enjoy the full entertainment. Carriages at 3am.
DRESS CODE: 1950s Pin-Up girl.Our Pinterest Board may inspire…
Since 2004 the berlin-based designer Sammy the Scissor, interprets the femme fatale of the burlesque, the style-assured fashion of the pre-war years and the Pin-Up Girl of the 50s in her own new way. We thank the Madame for dressing our Skirt Club team for the night.
ENTRY OPTIONS: Ticket includes admission, entertainment, champagne and seductive cocktails. Early Bird tickets 75€ to 110€ for final release.
THE SKIRT CLUB EXPERIENCE:
- Skirt Club parties are for members only aged 18-49 years; our vetted guest list will be closed to ensure maximum discretion for all attendees. The party will be held in a private home so ticket numbers are very limited.
- It’s your first time to Skirt Club? Our FAQs page will help guide you along the way
- Strictly no photography allowed.
- The exact venue details will be emailed to ticket holders 2-3 days prior to the event in order to ensure complete privacy so please check your inbox.
- To join this event you must first register as a member and be approved.
- For more information, please don’t hesitate to email Marina (she speaks German as well)
- Tickets are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable. Please see our Etiquette guide and T&C’s prior to purchasing a ticket.
- Read about us in the press where we are featured in the Bento, Bild, Tip Berlin, Tagespiegel, Radio Fritz Berlin or recently covered in Paula Lambert just to name a few.
Experience uninhibited living at Skirt Club.
P.S If you can’t join us on this date, our other Skirt Club & “Mini Skirt” Party dates are listed here.