We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Website and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Website;|
|means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Website when you visit certain parts of Our Website and/or when you use certain features of Our Website. Details of the Cookies used by Our Website are set out in section 12, below;
means a member of Our Website who has set up an Account;
|“Our Website”||means www.skirtclub.co.uk;|
|“UK and EU Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Skirt Club Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 08637490, whose registered address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.|
- Information About Us
Our Website is owned and operated by Skirt Club Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 08637490, whose registered address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.
- Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Data Do We Collect?
- telephone number;
- date of birth;
- sexual preference;
- member name;
- personal descriptions;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Website;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Website;
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Sending you Our newsletters and/or details of events;
- Supplying you with email; newsletters, notifications, that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by changing your preferences on your profile or unsubscribing from the newsletter;
- Market research;
Analysing your use of Our Website and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Website and your user experience;
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or text message and/or post with information, news and offers on Our product and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- Advertisers whose content appears on Our Website may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Website.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Website and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements. If We intend at any time to transfer any of your data outside the EEA, We will always obtain your consent beforehand.
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Website.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
- Our Website is accessible via the internet and, therefore, may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other members who use Our Website may be from outside the European Economic Area. This means that, where you post your data on Our Website, this could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the European Economic Area may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- When you set up an Account, your Member name and the information you voluntarily provide in your Member profile will be published on the Members’ area of Our Website. Your member name and profile will be the identity by which you are known on Our Website. Other Members wish to chat or otherwise contact you, they will be able to identify you by your Member Name and any other information you may yourself disclose via the Website. Please always think carefully before disclosing your data or other information to other Members or otherwise posting your data on Our Website. It is important that you are aware that any of your data or other information which you disclose to another Member may then be disclosed on the Website by that Member. As stated in Our Website Usage and Membership Terms and Conditions, We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between Members.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, event organisers, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
- How Can You Control Your Data and update your Data?
We may use your personal data for other purposes which you have consented to at the time of providing your data.
- When you submit information via Our Website, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details and/or by managing your Account).
- To opt-out of receiving any newsletters or event communications from Us, You can do the following:
- use the facility contained in any such communications; or
- email us at email@example.com setting out your Member username and stating that do not wish to receive further communications from Us.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Where you are a Member, you may access and update your data contained in your Account accessed by the “Profile” link. You must make sure that you update your data as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
- Please be aware that on occasion, We will send emails to communicate with you about changes in our terms and conditions, membership changes or about membership payment. These emails will not have an unsubscribe feature.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Website without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
- All Cookies used by and on Our Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Our Website uses google analytics services. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Website. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Website and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Website, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Website, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Website use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Website and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below in section 12.5.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Contacting Us
If you have any questions or complaints regarding Our Website, please email Us at email@example.com or by using any of the methods provided on Our contact page.