This Website, www.skirtclub.co.uk, is owned and operated by Skirt Club Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 08637490, whose registered address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU. The Terms and Conditions set out the rules and obligations for using Our Website and becoming a Member of Skirt Club.
Skirt Club is a female-only community designed to empower and liberate women.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means collectively the personal information, payment information and credentials used by Members to access Paid Content, Member Content, Member Profiles and/or any System on the Website;|
|“Content”||means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;|
|“Free Content”||means any Content that is accessible without the payment of a Membership Fee or creating an Account|
|means any content submitted to the Website by Members including, but not limited to their Member Profile, photos, communications, blogs.|
|“Membership Fee”||means the sum of money paid by Members at per month to keep their Account active and to enable them to be Member as detailed on the Website;|
|“Membership Period”||means the period for which a Membership has been purchased;|
|“Member Profile”||means the profile created by a Member on the Website;|
|means Content accessible only upon the creation of an Account and the payment of a Membership Fees|
|“Service”||means the Skirt Club online community providing Members a Website either now or in the future;|
|“System”||means any online communications infrastructure that Skirt Club makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, forums, live chat facilities and email links;|
|“User” / “Members/ “You””||means any third party or Member that accesses the Website;|
|“Website”||means the website that you are currently using www.skirtclub.co.uk;|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Skirt Club Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 08637490, whose registered address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.|
- An Account is required to use parts of Our Website.
- You will need an Account to view the Paid Content, Member Profiles and be a Member.
- You may not create an Account if you are under 18 years of age and are not female. If We discover or have any reason to suspect that you are not over 18 years of age and/or female, then We reserve Our right to suspend or terminate your Membership and close your Account immediately and without notice. To attend our events in the U.S.A the legal age required in 21 years.
- When creating an Account, the information you provide must be accurate, truthful and complete. If any of your information changes at a later date, it is your responsibility to ensure that your Account is kept up-to-date.
- We recommend that you choose a strong password for your Account. You must not share your Account with anyone else. If you believe your Account is being used without your permission, please contact Us immediately. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your Account.
- You must not use anyone else’s Account.
- You must not share your Account details with anyone.
- If you wish to close and delete your Account, you may do so at any time by email or deleting your account. Closing your Account will result in the removal of your information from Our System. Once you close your Account you will not be able to access your information or Account details again. If you have an active Membership, your Account will remain active for the duration of the remainder of the Membership Period.
- Ticketing payments via Stripe using all major credit cards, SEPA and Giro Pay in Germany. Payments may be subject to a fee.
- Membership Rules and Disclaimers
As a Member, you can take advantage of many Services on the Website for free. However other areas of the Website require payment of a Member subscription. For a full description of the Services offered on this Website and the subscription options for Members, please follow and consult the Membership page.
Member subscription payments can be made in GBP.
Please note that any Member subscription paid by you is subject to a minimum contractual period of one month.
Any monthly rolling subscriptions must be active for a minimum of 3 months before cancellation or changing of subscription is available
- The details that You provide and confirm in the Registration Form must be complete and correct, including Your confirmation that You are 18 or over and female.
- You will become a Member only if and when we accept your application and You have paid the Membership Fee for Your Membership. Our decision whether or not to accept your application is in our absolute discretion.
- We reserve the right to cancel, withdraw or refuse to renew Your Membership, or suspend it for a specific period, if Your conduct is in Our reasonable opinion unacceptable, or is or may be in Our reasonable opinion, harmful to the reputation of Us, the Website Our Members or if it amounts to Your breach of these Terms and Conditions or Our other policies, or where in Our reasonable opinion such expulsion, withdrawal or refusal to renew Your Membership, is otherwise in the interests of the other Members of the Website. For more details please refer to Our Acceptable Use Policy.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are happy with the information and photos that you add to the Website when you sign up for an Account and create a Member Profile. We recommend that you do not disclose any personal details about yourself such as telephone numbers, home address or email address to any other Members on our Website. We are not liable for your disclosure of personal information to any Members through Our Website. You are disclosing any such information at your own risk. We are not responsible for any photos that you post on the Website.
- We request that you communicate only in English through our Website.
- We request that you treat other Members with respect and dignity.
- We will not be liable for the behaviour of you and/or any other Members on our Website and/or at our events.
- Whilst we reserve the right to verify Member details, we do not personally check and verify the identity of Members to our Website and we are not liable for any loss you suffer should any Member identities be false or incorrect.
- We may organise special events for our Members to attend. You must ensure that you are responsible for your own safety at events. We are not responsible for your safety at any events you attend. You attend any such events at your own risk.
- You agree that your Member Profile will be viewed by other Members on the Website.
- You are solely responsible for all communications and interactions you make with other Members through the Website and outside of the Website.
- We do not endorse or support any Content uploaded or opinions expressed by our Members on the Website.
- We ask that all Content you upload to Our Website and communications that you make to Members are civil, tasteful, constructive and polite.
- You agree not to disclose any information about Our Members, employees, guests, participants or performers to third parties including the media.
- You agree not to use any photography or video recordings at our events.
- You agree to inform Us or Our security if you witness anyone being subject to non-consensual acts.
- We will not tolerate any disruptive, offensive, abusive behaviour on our Website and/or at any of Our events.
- We are not responsible for the contraction of sexually transmitted diseases, and encourage the practice of safe sex at all times.
- We will not be held responsible for loss or damage to any property/luggage at any time. We accept no responsibility for lost/stolen items at any time and left/lost property. Items found will be displayed on the event Facebook page and held for a maximum of 14 days before being donated to charity.
- If you are attending any of our events, please drink responsibly at all times. If you are a heavy drinker or appear inebriated, and We feel your drinking is a cause for concern, you may asked to refrain for consuming further alcohol or leave the premises at any events we are holding. Please do not be offended by this, it is a moral and legal obligation. You will not be offered a refund for your ticket.
- We have a zero tolerance to drugs and reserve the right to search bags and clothing if we suspect this rule has been broken at any of our events. Please do not bring drugs to Our events, or if offered, take them at our events. No Member or guest shall use, ingest, possess or distribute drugs while attending any of Our events. Anyone breaking this rule will be asked to leave the event without exception.
- We reserve the right to cancel, at any time, any offers, promotions, member privileges or events.
- No photos are to be taken at any events by Us or yourselves. Any photos that you may see on Social Media sites are of our staff and/or performers only.
5. Membership and Cancellation
- All Members will receive a 14 day free trial when they subscribe. At the end of the 14 day trial You will be charged the Membership Fee. You can cancel your Membership at any time within the 14 day free trial and You will not be charged a Membership Fee.
- You are only allowed to use the 14 day free trial once. If you sign up to the 14 day free trial more than once your Membership will be cancelled.
- Membership charges commence at the end of your 14 day free trial. Your credit / debit card will be billed on activation and monthly thereafter until you cancel your recurring Membership.
- Your first payment will be at the price advertised on the Website. Skirt Club reserves the right to change Membership Fees from time to time and any such changes may affect your Membership rate:
- increases in price will be reflected in your Membership on the date of the immediately subsequent renewal; and
- decreases in price will be reflected in your Membership on the date of the immediately subsequent renewal.
- No part of this Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order for a Membership constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending to you a Membership confirmation email. Only once We have sent you a Membership confirmation email will there be a binding contract between Skirt Club and you.
- Membership confirmations will be sent to you immediately upon your activation of a Membership and shall contain the following information:
- Confirmation of the Membership including full details of the main characteristics of the Website available through your Membership;
- Fully itemised pricing for your Membership including, where appropriate, taxes and any other additional charges;
- The applicable times and dates for your Membership (including the commencement date, expiry and/or renewal date);
- A confirmation of your express request that the Website is made available to you immediately and that this will constitute a waiver of your statutory right to cancel as detailed below in sub-Clause 5.7.
- Provision of and access to Member Profiles shall commence immediately upon Our confirmation of your Membership. When completing the Membership process, you will be required to expressly acknowledge that you wish the Membership to be available immediately. You will also be required to expressly acknowledge that by doing so, you will lose your statutory right to cancel your contract with Skirt Club as detailed below in sub-Clause 5.8.
- You may cancel at any time after subscribing, however subject to sub-Clause 5.9, no refunds can be provided and you will continue to have access to the Paid Content for the remainder of the Membership Period you are currently in up until the renewal date whereupon access will cease unless you choose to pay the Membership Fee and reactivate your Membership.
- If you subscribe in error you must inform Us within 3 days of subscribing and must not use the Website during that time. This provision also applies to automatic renewals of Memberships which you may have forgotten to cancel. If any use of Website during this time period can be traced to your Account, however, no refund can be provided and you will continue to have access to the Website for the duration of the relevant Membership Period.
- Fees around events are subject to separate terms outlined in the Events Terms
6. Termination of Accounts and Membership
- Either Skirt Club or You may terminate your Account and (where relevant) your Membership. If We terminate your Account or Membership, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- If We terminate your Account or Membership for any other reason, you will be refunded any remaining balance of your Membership Fee. Such a refund will be calculated based upon the Membership Fee being divided by the number of days in the applicable Membership Period and multiplied by the number of days remaining until the end of the Membership Period.
- If We terminate your Account or Membership, you will cease to have access to Paid Content and Member Profiles from the date of termination.
- If you terminate your Account or Membership, you will continue to have access to Paid Content and Member Profiles for the remainder of your Membership Period.
7. Intellectual Property
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Members, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Skirt Club, or Our affiliates. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property and other laws.
- Your use of the Website grants no rights to you in relation to copyright, trademarks or other of Our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of third parties.
- You may not, without limitation, copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, communicate to the public, or otherwise use the Content included in or provided via the Website.
- You may not monitor, data-mine, or copy Our Website page, any content on the Website, nor collect, archive, trade or sell any personal data or communications about the Members.
- You must not use any robot, spider, site search or retrieval application, or any other method or device to copy, retrieve, archive or index any portion of the Website or the Service or the System.
- You must not distribute, display, publish, print in any form electronic or otherwise any Content from the Website, the Service, the System, Member Profiles, the names of any Members and/or any personal details of Members. You must not share, transmit or sell any Content on Our Website with anyone who is not a Member.
Use of Free Content
- You may access Free Content for personal purposes. Specifically you agree that:
- you will not use the Free Content of the Website for commercial purposes so; and
- you will not systematically copy Free Content from the Website with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory or database.
Use of Paid Content
- Payment of a Membership Fee grants you a licence to use all Paid Content on the Website for the duration of your Membership. You may use such Content for personal purposes only.
- Commercial use of Paid Content is not permitted under the terms of a normal Membership.
- Under such a licence, you agree that:
- you will not use the Paid Content of the Website for commercial purposes; and
- you will not systematically copy Paid Content from the Website with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory or database.
- Member Content on Our Website includes (but is not necessarily limited to) Member Profiles, reviews, comments and media (photo and videos) .
- You agree that you will be solely responsible for your Member Content. Specifically, you agree, represent and warrant that you have the right to submit the Member Content and that all such Member Content will comply with Our Acceptable Usage Policy, detailed below in Clause 12.
- You agree that you will be liable to Us and will, to the fullest extent permissible by law, indemnify Us for any breach of the warranties given by you under sub-Clause 8.6. You will be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by Us as a result of such breach.
- If you wish to remove Content, you may do so. Your Content will be deleted. Please note that caching or references to your Content may not be made immediately unavailable (or may not be made unavailable at all where they are outside of Our reasonable control).
- We may reject, reclassify, or remove any Content submitted to Our Website where, in Our sole opinion, the content of those Content violates Our Acceptable Usage Policy, or if We receive a complaint from a third party and determine that the Content in question should be removed as a result. For more details, please refer to our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Legal Rights and Disclaimers
- We make no warranty or representation that the Website will be compatible with all systems, or that it will be secure.
- Whilst We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you are strongly advised to take responsibility for your own internet security, that of your personal details and your computers
- Links to Other Websites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Skirt Club or that of Our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Links to this Website
Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites may do so with Our prior permission. To find out more please contact Us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptable Usage Policy
- You may only use Our Website in a manner that is lawful and that complies with the provisions of this Clause 13. Specifically:
- you must be aged 18 or over to use Our Website;
- you must ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national or international laws and/or regulations;
- you must not use Our Website in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- you must not use Our Website to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind; and
- you must not use Our Website in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
- When submitting Member Content (or communicating in any other way using Our Website) or using Our Website or System, you must not submit, communicate or otherwise do anything that:
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- is intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive;
- is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included within this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause 12.2);
- implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, patents, trade marks and database rights) of any other party;
- is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence;
- is unlawful or otherwise objectionable;
- is any form of commercial advertising;
- impersonates other people, particularly employees and representatives of Skirt Club or Our affiliates; and
- involves using Our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your Account and/or your right to access Our Website;
- remove any Member Content submitted by you that violates this Acceptable Usage Policy;
- take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as We deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- any other actions which We deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful)
- remove any Member Profile (including photographs) or other material that, in Our sole discretion may be inappropriate or We suspect to be illegal, subject Us to liability or which may violate these Membership Terms and Conditions or where required to do so by law;
- issue Members with verbal or written warnings and may take such further action as We deem appropriate under this paragraph if such warnings are not heeded;
- inform the appropriate authorities and provide them with information regarding any suspected illegal activity; and
- bring legal action against a Member or other user of the Website in relation to any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any illegal or suspected illegal activity. We will determine what action is appropriate to be taken against a Member on a case by case basis.
- You acknowledge that Skirt Club reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- You acknowledge that Skirt Club may retain copies of any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- You acknowledge that any information you send to Us through Our System may be modified by Us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon Our use of such information must be communicated to Us in advance and We reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
- We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that We may take in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions.
- You may only use Our Website in a manner that is lawful and that complies with the provisions of this Clause 13. Specifically:
- We may feature advertising within the Website.
- You agree that you will not attempt to remove or hide any advertising using HTML/CSS or by any other method.
- We are not responsible for the content of any advertising in the Website. Each advertiser is responsible for the content of their own advertising material. We will not be responsible for any advertising in the Website including, but not limited to, any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions.
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- Availability of the Website and Modifications
- We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and state-mandated censorship.
- We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, the Content and/or Paid Content available. These Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Limitation of Liability
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) the Website or the use of or reliance upon any content included on the Website.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to the Website or any content included on the Website.
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that the Website is free from viruses and other malware. Subject to sub-Clause 17.5, We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of the Website (including the downloading of any content from it) or any other site referred to on the Website.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of the hacking or similar of the Website.
- In the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Third Party Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and Skirt Club.
- All notices / communications shall be given to Us either by email to email@example.com. Such notice will be deemed received the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- We may from time to time, if you opt to receive it, send you information about Our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please click the unsubscribe link.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- Any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.